Hoch-Ybrig (CH) 2013: fast freestyle action and full frame D800
They say a full frame camera like the D800 is not good for sport and action. Indeed it is quite heavy to carry along … Despite the ridiculous 4 fps, the D800 is still able to catch some good action (here subjects were added on backgrounds post-shooting) . Click on each picture to magnify it in a new tab.
To get a fast subject on focus mind to set up the following:
- AF-C (continuous AF) “d9″ or “3d” to avoid focusing the background instead of your subject, especially with a 50 mm
- cH for “high” burst speed (no 6 fps for me, I do not have the battery grip with the EN-EL18)
- To reach 5 fps with normal batteries you can shoot in DX mode
- With a max f/2.8 , I set up ISO to 200 and time was around 1/6000
- Better shooting with a zoom to restrict most of the focus area on your subject, the 70-200 mm VRII set at 70 mm was enough
Click on each picture to magnify it in a new tab.